- Take exit 229 for Oine Road. Head for Norlina-- if you're
coming from the South turn right at the end of the ramp, if you're
coming from the North turn left at the end of the ramp. Go to
the end of Oine Road.
- Turn left onto Rt 1 North in Norlina.
- Turn right at the traffic light. This is the 158 Bypass-- go
all the way to the end.
- Turn left onto 158 East. Go about 3.8 miles.
- Turn left onto Dennis Harris Road.
- Turn right onto SR 1318. (This road parallels 158 for a
while.) Go about 1.4 miles.
- Turn left on Eaton Ferry Road. There's a sign there that says
"Lake Gaston 6".
Go on this road for almost 18 miles-- it changes numbers and names
several times. You'll go over Lake Gaston at Morning Star Marina,
you have 11.1 miles to go. At 7 miles from Morning Star Marina
pass a Texaco
station at Pea Hill Creek. The Coast Guard Auxiliary Building is 4.1
miles after the Texaco station on the left.
The Flotilla HQ is on the left. If you hit the end of the road
at SR 46, you've gone just a little too far. The building is
about .25 miles before SR 46.
- Take exit 176 for SR 46. Head west. Go about 9.5 miles
after the intersection at SR 46 and SR 48. (There's a Hardee's
- Turn left on SR 1214. There's a left turn lane there, and the
Lake Gaston Community Center.
The Flotilla HQ is about 1/4th mile on the right.