Vessel Exam Schedule
Public Education Schedule
Division 9 Site
Last update: 23 Febuary 2016
Lake Gaston, North Carolina/Virginia
9th Division, 5th District (South)
This is the web home of Flotilla 93, which serves the Lake Gaston area of North
Carolina and Virginia. We are an all-civilian organization that serves the boating
public through public education, vessel safety checks, and water patrols. Some of
our duties include:
- Search and Rescue Operations to aid distressed boaters.
- Advising boaters of safety issues concerning them and their boats, stressing Virginia
and North Carolina legal and common sense requirements.
- Performing Safety Checks of boats.
- Supporting Virginia and North Carolina Aids To Navigation (ATON) programs by reporting
missing or damaged buoys.
- Supporting our environmental program by removing debris from the lake and reporting oil
or chemical spills to local authorities.
- Assisting local agencies who sanction regattas, on the water competition, and public
displays such as the July 4 fireworks.
We also maintain a radio watch on VHF Channel 16 while the patrol is on the
Flotilla 93 meets on the first Tuesday of each month, at 7:00pm. Meetings are
held at Flotilla Headquarters on SR 1214 in Henrico, NC (1/4 mile west of SR 46).
The public is welcome to attend! (Need
directions? Click here.)
Click on a link at the left to view information regarding our
NOTICE/DISCLAIMER: Links to non-Coast Guard
entities are not under the control of the United States Coast Guard or the United States
Coast Guard Auxiliary, and are provided for the convenience of our customers. They do not,
in any way, constitute an endorsement of the linked pages or any commercial or private
issues or products presented there. We can not make any warranty or representation
concerning the content of these sites, or secondary sites from the pages to which they
does not track your internet activities, and does not collect any information from you in